- ANTHOLOGY -
From 7 September 2023 to 28 January 2024
TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED DIRECTLY AT THE PALAZZO'S TICKET OFFICE
FROM THURSDAY TO SUNDAY, FROM 10 AM TO 8 PM (LAST ADMISSION AT 7 PM)
From 7 September 2023 to 28 January 2024 Palazzo Pallavicini will host the exhibition “Vivian Maier – Anthology” in the splendid Renaissance rooms, an extraordinary exhibition of almost 150 original and Super 8mm photographs by one of the most loved and appreciated photographers of this century.
The exhibition is organized and created by Chiara Campagnoli, Deborah Petroni and Rubens Fogacci of Pallavicini srl with the curatorship of Anne Morin of DiChroma Photography based on photos from the Maloof Collection archive and the Howard Greenberg Gallery in New York.
The curator has made a very careful selection from the thousands of photographs available; in fact, 111 black and white photographs will be presented, plus a wonderful selection of 35 color photos, divided into six sections for an Anthology never seen in Bologna so complete.
An absolute novelty in Bologna will be the Super 8 vision that will allow you to follow the gaze of Vivian Maier, who began filming street scenes, events and places as early as 1960. Maier filmed everything that led her to a photographic image: she observed, intuitively lingered on a subject and then followed it. He zoomed in on the target to approach from afar, focusing on an attitude or detail, like the legs or hands of people in a crowd. The film is both a documentary — about a man being arrested by the police or the destruction caused by a tornado — and a contemplative work — the strange procession of sheep heading for the slaughterhouses of Chicago.
EXTRAORDINARY OPENING WEDNESDAY 4 OCTOBER
On Wednesday 4 October on the occasion of the patron saint of Bologna, San Petronio, the exhibition dedicated to Vivian Maier will remain extraordinarily open!
Opening hours: from 10.00 to 20.00 (last entry at 19.00)
FOR THE VIVIAN MAIER ANTHOLOGY EXHIBITION
DOWNLOAD FOR FREE THE AUDIOGUIDE APP "PALAZZO PALLAVICINI"
In our APP you will find audio insights, with texts and images on the main works of the Vivian Maier "Anthology" exhibition
In addition, a section entirely dedicated to the history and curiosities of Palazzo Pallavicini.
A digital service that you can also listen to at home!
Open from Thursday to Sunday from 10.00 to 20.00 the ticket office closes 1 hour before (19.00 last entry)
Closed from Monday to Wednesday
– 4 October 2023 from 10.00 to 20.00 (19.00 last entry)
– 1 November 2023 from 10.00 to 20.00 (19.00 last entry)
– 8, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 December 2023 from 10.00 to 20.00 (19.00 entry)
– 31 December 2023 from 10.00 to 18.00 (17.00 last entry)
– 1 January 2024 from 14.00 to 20.00 (19.00 last admission)
– 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16, 17, 23, 24 January 2024 from 10.00 to 20.00 (19.00 last entry)
Closed 24 and 25 December 2023
– Whole: €15
– Reduced: € 13 (from 8 to 18 years old, over 65 with ID, students up to 26 years old with card, military with card, tourist guides with card, practicing journalists and publicists with card regularly enrolled in the Order, disabled carers in the company of the disabled, FIAF, ICOM and AICS members with card)
– Groups: (min.10 – max.25 people): €12 (1 accompanying person free) *
– Schools: € 7 (2 teachers free for each class 104 free) *
*for groups and schools reservations are required at firstname.lastname@example.org for radio headsets not supplied by the Palazzo
– Bologna Welcome Card and Culture Card: €12
– University Thursday: € 11 (with card)
– Free: children under 6, disabled with certificate.
– Open Ticket: €18 – Ticket with reservation without time and date constraints valid until the end of the exhibition
– Online pre-sale rights TicketOne – Call Center + €1.5 per ticket
PRE-SALES TICKETONE NETWORK
– Entrance ticket – TicketOne presale rates – TOSC Call Center
– Open ticket: €18 + €1.5 prepayment Ticket with reservation without time and date constraints valid until the end of the exhibition
– Full price: €15 + €1.5 pre-paid
– Reduced: € 13 + € 1.5 prev (from 6 to 18 years of age, over 65 with document, students up to 26 years of age with card, military with card, tourist guides with card, practicing journalists and publicists with card regularly enrolled in the Order, disabled carers in the company of the disabled, ICOM members with card
Small pets are allowed only in the appropriate pet carrier or in the arms
Unattended coat hanger free of charge until sold out
There are no lockers for storing items
Access for non-ambulatory or disabled people in wheelchairs takes place exclusively via a tracked stairlift Model Jolly Ramp D3000010 supplied by TGR with a capacity of up to 140 kg (weight calculated between person and wheelchair, the total weight will be taken care of by the visitor) for two flights of stairs for a total of 38 steps. The complete technical sheet can be downloaded and viewed at the following link: https://tgr.it/prodotto/jolly-ramp-montascale-mobile-a-cingoli/